Problems with a password reset link email

I’m trying to incorporate a password reset link email into my flow and found it problematic.
The out-of-the-box provider didn’t work for me, and I had to switch to SendGrid. With SendGrid, I was able to get a few reset password links emailed, and then it just stopped. Unlike with the built-in provider, with SendGrid, I can verify if the email was sent or not, and it looks like Auth0 doesn’t actually trigger the email, or it’s significantly delayed (so far 10 mins over a few hours after and nothing).

I’ve used O365 and Google email addresses. Both have experienced this slow delivery.

Is there something I’m missing, or it’s expected? For example, is there a way to verify an email was sent by the built-in provider or delegated to a custom provider?

Update 1: I finally received the link and it was expired :frowning:

Update 2: I’ve also gone through the following threads that contain related issues

To confirm what I’ve seen earlier, I’ve tried 3 different email addresses on different domains at 11:29 AM local time, @gmail.com, @reducted.io and @reducted.com. Only one was delivered, to @reducted.com

From the 3, only one email box was receiving emails consistently, @reducted.com and that’s aligned with what SendGrid (my email provider set in Auth0) is showing

And I’m back to square one, assuming that the @ reducted .com domain worked.
Sending another user with @ reducted .com email address a reset password email has not gone through for over 2 hours and no sign of it in SendGrid logs.

An email has to match the user’s email in the Auth0 database.

I feel embarrassed. A typical PEBCAK situation.

1 Like

Thanks for posting an update! Glad you were able to find a resolution.

@dan.woda

This is problem, Please help with right solution for same.

Thanks @sean.feldman

@jitendra.nama

This issue was resolved as a mistype. It is unlikely you are having the same issue. Can you please create a new topic explaining your issue?

1 Like