Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Users not showing up via API or Dashboard

api

#1

I am in the US datacenter and I know of the indexing problem but it still isn’t indexing.
Neither the Dashboard or the GET /users is working.

I can create users… they can login, but API search isn’t working.


#2

I am having the same problem, is this something recent that has been happening? Users can login just fine and they return as existing users in the system, but just like michael said they are not visible in the dashboard.


#3

Auth0 has been scaling and improving the ES clusters and in doing so the search API has been down.

@prashant - do you know when the search API will be fixed?


#4

I’ve also got this problem.
An ETA for when this will be addressed would be a huge help.


#5

@jmangelo - Can you help us?


#6

It’s been 7 days since their system stopped working.
It’s been 7 full days where i have no business because of Auth0.
It’s been 2 days since Monday afternoon PST, the time were they said on their email last Thursday, that this bug should be fixed.
They forced my to pay them money to get my data back faster, but still even after paying them - no one answer my calls or email.

Please, do yourself a favor - do not start your business with Auht0!


#7

I am having the same problem, is this something recent that has been happening? Users can login just fine and they return as existing users in the system, but just like michael said they are not visible in the dashboard.


#8

Auth0 has been scaling and improving the ES clusters and in doing so the search API has been down.

@prashant - do you know when the search API will be fixed?


#9

@jmangelo - Can you help us?


#10

It’s been 7 days since their system stopped working.
It’s been 7 full days where i have no business because of Auth0.
It’s been 2 days since Monday afternoon PST, the time were they said on their email last Thursday, that this bug should be fixed.
They forced my to pay them money to get my data back faster, but still even after paying them - no one answer my calls or email.

Please, do yourself a favor - do not start your business with Auht0!


#11

It’s working again. At least mine is.


#12

I can only try to understand the frustration all of you experienced due to this situation and I apologize for it. We wanted to have this resolved as soon as possible, however, we needed to do so in a way that really addressed the root cause. As per the latest update on the status page incident the migration of free accounts is also now completed.

In summary (and I will be mostly repeating what’s available through the status page in a condensed form) the situation is that production accounts associated with paying tenants identified at the start of the incident had been migrated (before any others as you will sure understand) except for a few that exhibited a metadata usage pattern that warranted individual review and were addressed/contacted individually.

The situation for free tenants is similar from the perspective that tenants have been migrated. However, there were some restrictions on the type of user searches that can be made in order to safeguard against similar issues. In the status page incident there’s more information about these restrictions and what to do if you are affected by them. You can also directly reference me (at least for the remainder of this week; I’ll be offline on the next ones) in any question posted in this forum related to particular issues that you still experience with user search.


#13

I was able to get a response after paying them, calling and emailing.
I got my data back again


#14

@tomershohet have in mind that what you got from paying was guaranteed support and access to a support channel with SLA’s and guaranteed response. The data itself was never lost (no matter if you paid or not); you could not retrieve it through user search, but the data was there nonetheless.

@dale.lane as mentioned above, a paid subscription get you access to better support channels and in this case paid accounts were migrated before free, but we also now completed migrating free accounts. I’m sure you understand why to do that in that order.


#15

@jmangelo - Thanks for the 411 on everything. I became a little confused, but did any of the changes affect lucene searches with the q=
?


#16

Yes, searches by some custom attributes in the metadata may not be available; you should check the incident report for more information as it contains the most useful information to answer your exact question and it’s better to not duplicate here entirely in case it needs to be updated.


#17

@jmangelo I’m still experiencing the same user search problem, even though the status page is not showing any incident


#18

@jmangelo I am also having the same issue. The users link in manage dashboard shows no users at all. Thank you


#19

I’m also having the same problem. The users dashboard doesn’t show any of the new users I create.


#20

as others have reported already, even though the status page reports the incident as resolved, I am also still unable to display users in the dashboard, even though they are created and logging in just fine