Missing 'Back To App' button on Reset Password Success screens (Universal Login)

When using the management api → /api/v2/tickets/password-change → to create a password reset ticket.

The link provided allows me to reset my password, and when I get the ‘Success’ message, my user has no way of getting back to the main app to sign in. The docs show a button on that page, but Ive never seen the button show up.

In my request I send this body :

{
“result_url”: “https://mydomaintoreturnto.com”,
“user_id”: “auth0|--****************”
}

Heres what I see:

Heres what the doc shows:
Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.46.25 AM

What am I missing here?

1 Like

Okay, found the answer to my question here. But this outcome is less than desirable.

Why not allow the New Universal Login listen to this redirect_url parameter?

We have scenarios where we have different applications under the same tenant that share a DB connection, and certain applications need to redirect to different URL’s after password reset, etc.

Having 1 static redirect_url is forcing me to show NO button, rather than a button with the wrong link

Hi @flintz,

Is using this endpoint not an option? It sends a pw reset email, rather than returning a ticket. This option allows you to input a client id, which then uses the application login URI as the redirect.

If not, then would you please fill out a feedback ticket with your feature request here.

Thanks,
Dan

Thank you Dan for the fast response. Ive tried that API endpoint you linked to, and even though Im setting client_id, email, and connection. The API keeps telling me 400 Bad Request (“error”: “email or username are required.”)

And Im passing an email for sure.

Ill use your link to put in a feature request. Thank you for your help.

No problem. If the endpoint I linked is sufficient, then let’s try and find out what is going on with the request. Can you post your code?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.