Missing 'Back To App' button on Reset Password Success screens (Universal Login)

When using the management api -> /api/v2/tickets/password-change -> to create a password reset ticket.

The link provided allows me to reset my password, and when I get the ‘Success’ message, my user has no way of getting back to the main app to sign in. The docs show a button on that page, but Ive never seen the button show up.

In my request I send this body :

{
“result_url”: “https://mydomaintoreturnto.com”,
“user_id”: “auth0|--****************”
}

Heres what I see:

Heres what the doc shows:
Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.46.25 AM

What am I missing here?

1 Like

Okay, found the answer to my question here. But this outcome is less than desirable.

Why not allow the New Universal Login listen to this redirect_url parameter?

We have scenarios where we have different applications under the same tenant that share a DB connection, and certain applications need to redirect to different URL’s after password reset, etc.

Having 1 static redirect_url is forcing me to show NO button, rather than a button with the wrong link

Hi @flintz,

Is using this endpoint not an option? It sends a pw reset email, rather than returning a ticket. This option allows you to input a client id, which then uses the application login URI as the redirect.

If not, then would you please fill out a feedback ticket with your feature request here.

Thanks,
Dan

Thank you Dan for the fast response. Ive tried that API endpoint you linked to, and even though Im setting client_id, email, and connection. The API keeps telling me 400 Bad Request (“error”: “email or username are required.”)

And Im passing an email for sure.

Ill use your link to put in a feature request. Thank you for your help.

No problem. If the endpoint I linked is sufficient, then let’s try and find out what is going on with the request. Can you post your code?