User Role Management in paid "B2C - ESSENTIALS" plan

Hello!

I am creating a new application and considering whether we need to upgrade to a paid plan or not. The description of the B2C - ESSENTIALS plan mentions “User Role Management” as one of the features, but does anyone have an explanation of what this entails? We have been using the free plan up until now and have been able to manage our users and their roles just fine. What is the benefit of upgrading?

This topic is very similar to this old topic, but I did not find a satisfying answer there: Role Management on Developer Plan

Thank you in advance!

Hey there!

Let me quickly check our pricing

So in terms of User Role Management. What you have on free tier is on the first column on the left while what you will potentially have on B2C Essentials is on the second column from the left:

Hello! Thank you for checking and replying. My question still stands, however. In our free plan we are able to create, update, read and delete roles as well as assign them to users. What else Role Management is there?

Gotchya! Let me follow up on that with our product team

1 Like

Hey there!

Here’s the answer from one of our product managers:

“This is simply the difference between what a customer can do vs. what they will be required to pay for. Most features are not gated/limited by plan type; customers are allowed to use almost anything but they may need to subsequently pay for it.”

1 Like

Hello!

Ok, I get it. We can manage our roles as much as we want on the free plan, but we should expect to need to upgrade to a paid plan at some point if we want to continue using it. That makes sense and is fine by us.

Thanks again for your answer :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.