Slack SSO Save button not working?

Hi there,

I am trying to setup Slack SSO and when I press the save button, it seems the request is not made. I don’t see any relevant console errors, I don’t see validation issues, and I don’t see a network request. Is there maybe a bug?

2022-07-08 13.54.50

1 Like

I am experiencing this issue as well, if you found a fix could you please let me know :frowning:

Same here, driving me nuts.

Having the same issue, any solution? I’m on the free tier, is that why?

I got this response 3 months ago, haven’t heard that its fixed yet though:

"Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Auth0 Support. My name is ****** and I’d be glad to assist.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. I just attempted to create one as well and am seeing the same issue. I will escalate this to our engineering team, and report back as soon as I hear from them.

"

They also responded with a workaround that I never got to implementing unfortunately. If you have any better luck getting it to work let me know, I tried and sadly failed…

"The alternative option to creating this SSO Integration in the dashboard (until Engineering fixes the bug) would be to create it via our Management API. You’ll have to send a request to the API, with an appropriate access token, and include the payload that Dave previously provided. You can hit the API a number of different ways, including API clients like Postman, or using the Management API Explorer that’s built into our docs page.

You can retrieve an access token for these requests via your dashboard by navigating to Applications – APIs – Auth0 Management API – API Explorer (tab) – Token. This can pasted into the Management API Explorer (the docs page) by clicking ‘Set API Token’ in the upper left and pasting the token there. Then you’ll be able to make authorized request to your Management API directly from the documentation. Or, if you’re using something like Postman, you just need to include this token under the ‘Authorization’ header in this format: “Authorization: Bearer eyJhb…”

Body:

{
“name”: “CLIENT_NAME”,
“addons”: {
“slack”: {
“team”: “YOUR_TEAM_NAME”
}
}

I hope this helps. Let me know if there’s anything else I can assist with, or if you’d like to mark this as resolved.

"

and the payload referenced in my previous comment is referenced here…

"Unfortunately I do not have an update or ETA for when the issue with creating a Slack SSO integration with Dashboard UI will be fixed, though I did want to mention that you can create this SSO integration with the POST/api/v2/clients endpoint of the Management API as a temporary work around. You would just want to include the following in the body:

{
“name”: “CLIENT_NAME”,
“addons”: {
“slack”: {
“team”: “YOUR_TEAM_NAME”
}
}

Would you be able to try that approach and let us know if you are able to create it?

"

This worked for me! thank you!

1 Like