Reset password success screen is a dead-end

Hi,

We are using the New Universal Login screen and but trying to customise certain elements of the experience. The Password Reset success screen currently looks like this:

But the docs suggest that the user should be directed to the default login route:

As it stands, it seems that with the New Universal Login, the redirect URL is not respected and the user is presented a success screen which doesn’t direct (automatically or with a link option) to the login page. This means that the success page is a dead-end for the user, which would be a poor user experience.

Am I missing something that will enable us to improve the situation?

Thanks,
Jon

Hi @JonHarvey!

Thank you for posting your question on Auth0 community! Could you kindly let us know the steps to reproduce the issue? For example, how did you obtained the password reset URL and etc?

Thanks!

1 Like

The password reset URL was obtained through the email sent when clicking Forgot Password on the New Universal Login, entering your email address and clicking Continue.

Thanks,
Jon

@supun, any update on this one?

so have you configured the default login route as mentioned in the docs? Configure Default Login Routes

1 Like

Thank you. Configuring the default login route resolved that issue, which we should have done previously. I’d still suggest that particular part of the docs I referred to could be more explicit to make it clear that it is the configurable App or Tenant default URLs that it is referring to rather than ‘the default’ in a general sense of the term.

Thanks,
Jon

1 Like

Agreed. I just sent a PR to the docs to add link to default login url docs to make it more obvious. It will be updated soon. Thank you for providing the feedback to help us improve our docs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.