Reset Default Email Template

Is it possible to return the emails to the default template that they start with? My expectation was that the code in the “Message” section was the same as the default email that is sent out, but it’s entirely different. Now that it’s saved there’s no way to change it back. “Reset” simply gives me the original code that was in the “Message” section. Is there anyway to turn off the custom email template or is there anywhere that I can find the code for the original templates?

1 Like

Hey there!

Yep as you said the reset option gives you the original message that was in the message section and that works for all the templates. Not sure what you mean by turning off custom email templates. I guess the only way to find the code for the original templates is to use the reset button there.

I have the same issue. Let’s take the “Verification Email (using Link)” as an example.

By default – i.e. before customizing the template – the email has a heading of “Verify Your Account” on a black background, with an orange “Verify your account” button.

However, when you look at the template, “Verify your account” is nowhere to be found in the template code. This indicates that the template shown in Auth0 admin is not actually being used for the emails.

If you edit the template code (for example, just add a space at the end of the template) and save, your emails now look completely different because now they DO use the template code.

Keeping with the “Verification Email (using Link)” example, that email will now have a “Welcome to {{ application.name }}!” heading with a “Confirm my account” link. This makes sense, since that’s whats in the custom template.

However, it seems there is no way to go back to the original “Verify Your Account” template, since that template’s code is not shown in the UI.

It seems like the template code shown in the UI is not in sync with the default templates. How can we go back to the default templates? (Or, ideally, get the code for them?)

1 Like

Relevant: Default No-Provider Email Template

Bumping this again so hopefully it gets more visibility, as this seems to still be an issue. Some of the defaults are kept with styling, like boths Verification Email templates, Enroll in MFA, and Verification code for MFA, but all of the other ones get replaced with a static one with less branding and the big Auth0 badge at the top. This has led to some accidental inconsistency with our templates since implementing a custom email provider, since some are keeping the old templates, but the “reset” button has completely removed styling for others.

Even that relevant post above describes the issue, but the resolution was them just being given the correct template to paste in.

Can we get this fixed or at least the original templates for the User Invitation, Reset Password, and Welcome Emails?

Thanks

Bumpity bump bumpity bump.

Bump bumpity bump bumpity :frowning:

I am replying to this thread to formally bump this issue :slight_smile:

Is it possible we could get this looked into?

Hi everyone! I made all the original templates available in the project Auth0 Liquid Tester. You can check them out in the views folder.

By the way, I made a blog post describing all the Auth0 email templates, including their pictures.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.