React-Native iOS app rejected on AppStore for using react-native-auth0

" Jan 23, 2020 at 7:43 PM

From Apple

1. Design: Preamble

Guideline 4.0 - Design

We noticed that the user is taken to Safari to sign in or register for an account, which provides a poor user experience.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to enable users to sign in or register for an account in the app.

We recommend implementing the Safari View Controller API to display web content within your app. The Safari View Controller allows the display of a URL and inspection of the certificate from an embedded browser in an app so that customers can verify the webpage URL and SSL certificate to confirm they are entering their sign in credentials into a legitimate page.

Resources

For additional information on the Safari View Controller API, please review the What’s New in Safari webpage."

Hey there!

Terribly sorry to hear that! Can I ask you to raise such issue in our react-native repo so that repo maintainers can directly work with you on solving that? Make sure to paste here the link to the issue so we can ping them!

Hey there!

Have you had a chance to see my previous message?

It would be handy to see a screenshot, as we are not able to see what the reviewer saw.

However, if we assume the use case is using the React Native library out of the box and it’s being tested in the latest iOS then our
Authentication is performed via Web Authentication using the flow as recommended by Apple. The ASWebAuthenticationSession class is used in the library and will launch Safari to perform the web authentication.

This is the correct use and behaviour.

Hi we am purely using out of the box. We did submit an appeal but was also rejected

Timeline of Appeal:

Sorry to hear this, this is the first time I’ve heard about a rejection for this. I would re-submit and link the reviewer to Apple’s own guidance and be clear this is for Authentication.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/authenticationservices/authenticating_a_user_through_a_web_service

1 Like

Let us know @lee.chuan if that works!

Unfortunately, they threw back the same reply.

Looking further into the rejection, i think it might be the “register” button that take the user out of the app to safari. Hopefully correcting that resolves the issue

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the headsup! Let us know how things progress!

They approved the app after we have changed the “register” link to webview instead of redirecting to Safari. I guess the feedback they gave is very ambiguous.

1 Like

Gosh! Super glad to hear that! Thanks a ton for sharing it with the rest of community!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.