Password reset email is never sent

Hello,

I’m trying to test out my script in development tenant for user migration and unable to receive a password reset email. For that, I’m creating a mock user. I start by calling /api/v2/users endpoint with the following payload:

{
  email: '{user email}',
  email_verified: false,
  connection: 'Username-Password-Authentication',
  password:  '{random password}'
}

Then I’m trying to send password reset email via dbconnections/change_password endpoint with the following payload:

{
  email: '{user email}',
  connection: 'Username-Password-Authentication',
}

I’m getting response:

We've just sent you an email to reset your password.

No problems while creating users, I’m able to log in. But for some reason, I don’t receive any password reset emails even though I’m getting 200 response. No such emails in trash/spam folders either. I have verified that email provider is working (via dashboard) and I’m able to receive verification emails (while toggle is on). Also, I have tried to test sending password reset template but the result is the same as with dbconnections/change_password endpoint.

Hi @gabrielius.lotuzis,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

You’ve done a great job following the steps to create a user and send them a password reset email.

After inspecting your Auth0 tenant, I noticed you have configured an external custom SMTP email provider.

If you’re experiencing any issues with email delivery, I recommend taking the following steps:

1. First, check your Auth0 logs to ensure that the emails are being sent successfully. This will help us verify that the emails are being processed correctly on our end.

2. Second, head over to your custom SMTP Email provider dashboard. Within the dashboard, you should find a section dedicated to monitoring the activity of your sent emails. This section will provide more detailed information, including any potential errors and if there are any issues with the emails being sent.

I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.