Node 8 migration for Auth0 Authorization Extension Rules

Hey @strianta are you on the latest version of the extension? You can check by going to the extensions section, in the “installed” tab.

Hey @nicolas_sabena, we are on Auth0 Authorization 2.3. What are the implications of upgrading to the latest 2.6?

Mostly bug fixes and better usage of Management API v2 endpoints: auth0-authorization-extension/CHANGELOG.md at master · auth0/auth0-authorization-extension · GitHub

@nicolas_sabena I upgraded the auth0-authorization plugin to 2.6, rotated the api key and published a new rule after upgrading to Node 8. Everything seems to be working, but I did notice that the new rule that got published still has “us.webtask.io” as the url instead of “us8.webtask.io”.

Is that expected?

Hmmmm… that’s definitely strange… I tried to reproduce on my side and couldn’t reproduce… I get the us8 URL.
Did you change it manually? Or is the rule running with the old URL?

I just checked the rules again this morning and am still seeing the “us.webtask.io” url instead of “us8.webtask.io”. I did not change it manually, the rule is still running with the old URL.

Will this cause issues?

When you hover over the installed extension (in the Extensions section of the dashboard), does the URL point to the us subdomain, or us8 one?

The rule should be pointing to us8, but the extension should point there as well… I’m surprised that republishing the rule does not update the URL in it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.