Microsoft Social login not working for business accounts

I am developing an application which offers the ability for users to login/signup with their microsoft accounts. With personal accounts, the flow works as expected. With business accounts, like my microsoft outlook work email for example, the login does not work. This image below is the message I/receive when trying it:

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 7.52.47 PM

In the azure dashboard, we made sure to allow business accounts:

In the auth0 settings, we see this (notice the “personal accounts” text):

I should also note that I have used this email(s) in question to login through similar social sign in flows before, and never got this error. Can anyone shed some light as to why microsoft business emails do not work with microsoft + auth0 only?

1 Like

Has anyone else come across this? We really need this in order to make our application open to our customers.

So far I’m very disappointed with the level of customer service from the auth0 team. If I do not get some resolution by tomorrow, I will not be able to use auth0 for our application and would have to revert to a custom implementation.

I’m having this issue too. Whatever the “Strategy Version” is, Microsoft only allows personal accounts.

There is a solution here, but I didn’t apply yet.

I’ve run into the issue of AuthO authenticating for Microsoft PERSONAL accounts, but not for “Work or School” accounts. I saw the note about not getting the refresh token (which is fine), but need to know how to authenticate with a Microsoft “Work or School” account.

I’ve got the same problem, but solved to create an “Enterprise” authentication. If you want to connect “Work or School” accounts, you need to create an authentication in “Enterprise” not “Social”.
In my case, both of my personal account and business account were accepted.
And as the link above yasin.akar.vtc quoted said, “Auth0 not support get refresh token of …” is true.

1 Like