Social connections vs Enterprise Connections?

We have set up a Social connection in auth0, with Windows Live. This works in our application when signing up with regular MS Outlook users (@outlook.com), but it fails when we try to sign in / register with Enterprise level Microsoft accounts.

We simply get a “This email address does not exist” message.

The login page URL is login.live.com - which normally won’t work for Enterprise users, so I guess that’s the issue.

Is it possible to make the auth0 Social Connection work with MS Enterprise/Business accounts, or do we need to set this up via the “Enterprise Connections” and pay for the Enterprise level auth0 plan?

Hi @s.murray1,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you have questions about using the Auth0 Microsoft Account Social Connection to work with MS Enterprise/Business accounts.

Unfortunately, Social and Enterprise connections are distinct types of connections and separate from one another. Given that your account is an MS Enterprise/Business account, you will not be able to use the Social connection to log in. And as you observed, the login.live.com URL is used for personal accounts and cannot be used with your enterprise accounts.

Instead, you must configure an Enterprise connection to fit your needs. If this is required, then I would encourage you to reach out to our Sales team to discuss your requirements.

https://auth0.com/docs/authenticate/identity-providers/enterprise-identity-providers

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.