How can I change my TOTP?

I am trying tro migrate off of Authy so I can use a different OTP app, but under my profile there doesn’t seem to be a way to change my TOTP, or even remove TOTP.

Hi @shea,

Thank you for reaching out on Auth0 Community!

Resetting a tenant admin’s MFA needs to be done by us (Auth0). We have a handy Community FAQ that outlines the reset process which you can find here:

1 Like

Hi @james.merrigan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I just read the FAQ, and as you mentioned it says contact support. I think I had read that before, but I was sure that there must be a self-server way to do this, so I disregarded it. Anyway, now that I know, I click the Auth0 Support link:

Which brings me to this page:

I tried a bunch of these options, but I think the one I am supposed to do is “Open and Manage Support Tickets”, which basically tells me to go to the support center and choose “Open Ticket”. It says that button won’t be there if you do not have a paid support plan. I am currently still on the free tier so I do not have that button. It says if you don’t have that button make your request in the community forms… which brings me here.

But if I can’t make the request here, is that saying that without paid support I can’t ever change my TOTP seed? What if my TOTP see was comprimised?

Hi @shea

You are spot on, if you do not have a paid support plan this forum is the correct place to reach out for this.

I will send you a private message now to confirm your details and begin processing your MFA reset request.

1 Like

Thanks @james.merrigan for helping on this one!

Hello @james.merrigan,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the slow reply, I must have missed the notification.

The email (mine) is shea@brewninja.net.

We have 3 tenants: brewninja (production), brewninja-test, and brewninja-test2.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,
~Shea M

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.