Don’t show “Sign Up” option on New Universal Login

We need to disable the signup option when in the new Universal Login. Is it still not possible?

Hi @nir.a,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

Yes, this is possible! To do so, you will need to navigate to your Auth0 Dashboard > Connections > YOUR_CONNECTION settings and scroll to the bottom and toggle on the Disable Sign Ups button.

After doing so, your New Universal Login Page will hide the signup option completely.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

1 Like

This indeed remove the signup button from the social login. Thanks!

How should we handle social connections?

Hi @nir.a,

Thank you for your reply.

To better understand this scenario, could you please elaborate more on what you intend to do with Social Connections?

Thanks,
Rueben

The solution you provided to hide the signup works. By disabling it for username-password authentication. In our universal login we enabled username-password authentication and google-oauth2 authentication.
When the user clicks on on google authentication they are being signup, we don’t receive an error from auth0 that the user doesn’t exists.

1 Like

BTW, the solution you provided stop any signinig up. We should still be able signup throw the invitation link but now it is not working as well.

2 Likes

Hi @nir.a,

Thank you for your responses.

This is the expected behavior since the origin of the user is from the Identity provider, Google, in this case. Therefore, if the user exists in Google, they can continue to log in/signup to your app(behaves the same), and it will create a Google Social connection user in Auth0.

One workaround I can offer is to use a Post-Login action to redirect your social users to a consent page on their first time logging in, where they can accept your privacy terms and resume authentication.

Please see our Redirect with Actions documentation for more details.

Yes, this should prevent users from signing up, but you can still continue creating users with the Management API Create a User endpoint or from the Auth0 Dashboard > User Management > Users > Create a User.

I hope this has been helpful!

Please let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.