Auth0 plans clarification

Hi, I’m interested in buying a subscription but I have some questions. I’ve submitted a message to sales but they’re silent for a few days already. Looks like they’re very interested in new paid customers.

BTW, my concerns are the following:

1. I didn’t understand what MAU and external MAU mean? 1,000 MAU and 10,000 external MAU - what does it mean in human wording? Why I can increase MAU to 10,000 while external MAU is still 10,000 on the Essentials plan?

2. Will I be able to upload ~5M users to the Auth0 Database on the Essentials plan?

Thank you.

Hi @alex.pravdin,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I messaged one of our sales team in regards to your request. They will likely reach next week due to the weekend.

In the meantime, let me see if I can answer any of your questions.

This post does a good job of explaining the difference: In our pricing, what is the difference between internal and external users? Are they different technically?

tl:dr MAUs are users who have authenticated within the month. External are non-employee users.

I don’t see why not. There is no Entity Limit Policy for users, and they shouldn’t count towards your monthly if they aren’t authenticating (assuming you are doing a batch import).

Hi Dan, thank you for your reply.

I’m still confused with the terms. I understood that MAU = an employee. External MAU = a customer on our website. They use the same authentication but the purpose and origin of these users are different. But there’s a separate line Employees in the pricing comparison which is empty in all plans except Corporate. What does it mean?

Another question - what if there will be more than 10,000 external active users? A corporate plan is the only option? Looks a bit strange that a free plan allows up to 7,000 and more than 10,000 already require corporate pricing which is associated with huge monthly bills.

Regarding users storage, yes, I plan to import existing users ~2M and we plan growth to ~5M. Thank you for the clarification. It would be nice to add this info to the pricing comparison page. Just add a row like “Users in the Auth0 database” with the “unlimited” value in all plans.

Hi @alex.pravdin,

The sales representative I contacted said they were able to get in contact with you. Did you get the information you required?

I’ll try and answer these questions for posterity. For future users reading this, please see the pricing page.

Employees are internal employees of your company. These are only included in the enterprise plans (except in the B2E Essentials plan, which currently includes 500).

Yes, the pricing page correctly states the amounts that are included in each plan. The free plan has other limitations beyond purely MAUs.

Thanks for the feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.