Wordpress - Can I use plugin, without adding users to the database?

I want to use the plugin, without creating users to the WP database. I am thinking I can save the token in a cookie, and then retrieve the information, when I want to use it.

It is only in one specific scenario where the user info is saved, so it is not a problem, if I have to make an API call to get the info. We are just really not interested in having our users saved in the WP database.

Alternative is to create users without saving the information on them, and then just have one field saved on the user, that I can use to pair it with, and fetch the information that way around. Seems like a bigger workaround, but probably doable.

Note: I am all new to Auth0, so if I am missing a obvious solution to this, please feel free to slap me in the face with it :sweat_smile:

• You can use the User Migration feature of the plugin, which allows you to authenticate users with existing WordPress accounts and create them in Auth0 only if they don’t exist. This way, you don’t have to store any user information in the WP database, except for the WordPress ID and the Auth0 ID. To learn more about this feature, you can read the User Migration in Login by Auth0 WordPress Plugin documentation1.
  • You can use the Custom Database feature of Auth0, which allows you to connect to any external database and use it as the source of truth for your users. This way, you can store your user data in a separate database and use Auth0 to authenticate them. To learn more about this feature, you can read the [Custom Database Connections] documentation.
  • You can use the Auth0 Management API to access and update your user data in Auth0. This way, you can use Auth0 as the primary storage for your user data and use the API to retrieve or modify it as needed. To learn more about this feature, you can read the [Auth0 Management API] documentation.