Add Wordpress user to Auth0 without using Lock?

My client is using https://memberpress.com/. I think it’s similar to WooCommerce with the login mechanism. In that, it has a custom form that adds a user to the wp_users table. It also adds some custom fields I think as well i.e whether they’re a member or not.

I have successfully set up the Auth0 Wordpress plugin and can create a user. It’s decoupled from the MemberPress system though.

I am wondering if there is a hook available I can go through with the MemberPress login, then programmatically log that user into the Auth0 database?

The reason for this is to have a central database so that inside my custom application I can share User information.

Hope this makes sense. Eager to solve this, I really appreciate your time!

1 Like

Hey there!

Don’t have that much of PHP and WordPress experience so let me reach out to my colleague regarding that!

1 Like

That would be amazing. My assumption is that I would need to hook into the membership plugin code and find where the login/become a member operation happens and include some custom Auth0 code in that process.

Unfortunately I didn’t manage to get any help regarding Memberpress from our engineering team as they also do not have much experience with that. As I’ve seen in our resources we encourage our users more to use WooCommerce out of the membership plugins.

Ref:

I’m in the same boat right now. I’m trying to figure out Auth0 and plan on implementing into either MemberPress or Paid Memberships Pro. I am currently in the process of switching from BuddyPress to PeepSo, so I’m unsure if I’ll be sticking with MemberPress or not because PeepSo has integration with PMP.

My guess is that your inclination is correct, that we will need to find where MemberPress creates the user after they’ve registered/paid for membership and hook it into Auth0. I was hopeful that Zapier would have an integration to Auth0 created already, but I guess not.

Please keep this thread updated if you find anything and I will do the same! Looking forward to figuring out this membership plugins question!

My assumption is that I would need to hook into the membership plugin code and find where the login/become a member operation happens and include some custom Auth0 code in that process visit official site

Did you ever come up with a solution for this (Memberpress with Auth0)?

If Memberpress can trigger a Zapier zap, I have created a Zapier Integration for Auth0:

2 Likes

Great job! Thanks for sharing that with the rest of community!

I was looking for a Zap but couldn’t find one for Auth0. I’ll take a look at it. Thanks!

-Jerime

1 Like

Gotchya, no worries!

1 Like