Users created by API don't appear in Dashboard until first login

Yesterday Auth0 fixed the problem that deleted users still appeared in the Dashboard, but maybe they over-fixed it?
I created some API scripts to create 5 users with successful 201 responses. I go to the Dashboard, “You have no users”. I re-run the scripts, this time 400 errors, "User already exists. Back to Dashboard, still no users.
Successfully log in as one of the invisible users.
Back to Dashboard - Now I have 1 User! The one I just logged in.
Is this intended behavior? Might I have missed some parameter or configuration settings?
Or is it just a new bug introduced by the bugfix yesterday?

I haven’t been able to reproduce this on a tenant in the AU region. Can you confirm what region your tenant is in. Can you also confirm that the issue is still occurring?

We can see this issue in our production system. When we use the reset password on custom database the user doesn’t show up in dashboard. Then if we run the creation script it gives us an error user already exists. A user till the time they don’t log in doesn’t show up in auth0 dashboard.

@prashant

1. Our Web Control Panel creates users API with only EMAIL connection
  2. I check the dashboard no users — but it exists.
  3. The user can login and get OTP.
  4. I API in to get list of users, they are not there.

*** LOG SHOWS 201 and that they were created.

This is a serious error.

Daryl, THANK YOU – I LOST HAIR!!! Thank you for letting me know.

I guess the API is a ES/LUCENE search too. I could of understood that the Dashboard had indexing problems, but I guess the API is also in that boat.

Thanks again Daryl

SEA – HAWKS!

We can see this issue in our production system. When we use the reset password on custom database the user doesn’t show up in dashboard. Then if we run the creation script it gives us an error user already exists. A user till the time they don’t log in doesn’t show up in auth0 dashboard.

@michaelwjoyner We are currently working on this indexing situation. You can read more details, and check the status of the work on the status page incident report: https://status.auth0.com/incidents/71nlbr16j7ng

@prashant

1. Our Web Control Panel creates users API with only EMAIL connection
  2. I check the dashboard no users — but it exists.
  3. The user can login and get OTP.
  4. I API in to get list of users, they are not there.

*** LOG SHOWS 201 and that they were created.

This is a serious error.

Daryl, THANK YOU – I LOST HAIR!!! Thank you for letting me know.

I guess the API is a ES/LUCENE search too. I could of understood that the Dashboard had indexing problems, but I guess the API is also in that boat.

Thanks again Daryl

SEA – HAWKS!

@michaelwjoyner We are currently working on this indexing situation. You can read more details, and check the status of the work on the status page incident report: https://status.auth0.com/incidents/71nlbr16j7ng