Universal login / Hosted Signup pages - Allow custom fields

Feature: Allow custom fields to be added to the new hosted universal SignUp forms

Description: The new universal login experience pages are great, however it would be useful to be able to customize the hosted signup forms to allow for custom fields to be added.

Use-case: GDPR means I can’t automatically subscribe users to a newsletter. I want to be able to offer the user a checkbox where they can opt-in to receive a newsletter when they are on the universal signup form. (But not on the login form)

Thanks for sharing that feedback! Let’s see how many people will also advocate for that!

Did this feature ever get implemented?

Hey there!

Unfortunately I fear it’s not there yet as it hasn’t received enough votes compared to other features in product backlog.

An additional use-case is to customize the signup process to capture additional profile information. When trying to build a rapid prototype it would be useful to be able to capture all details needed on signup to create a user profile. We can do this on the application side and use the APIs to update profile info but it is extra work. Alternatively, the ability to add standard claims such as given_name and family_name to the login page as a toggle option would work in some cases as well if implementing custom fields is a massive lift. It seems like the majority of the use cases on the forums are completing a profile and GDPR compliance. Having some of these “Universal” (my assumption) use-cases available as an easy toggle option would perhaps be a good precursor to full blown customization and solve a majority of the problems. Just my 2 cents. For now we will write the custom code needed to do this post-signup.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing all that context @pjc !

I don’t understand why additional signup fields aren’t actively being worked on for universal login. When the sign up and log in form look almost identical, users get confused. For my app, I need to include a name field for signup, and the suggested methods are not sufficient.

I’d love this to be prioritized.

2 Likes

Hi @mitchell2,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I merged your feedback with an existing duplicate request. Please let us know if you have any questions.

@dan.woda Is there any ETA on this? Seems a tad backwards to call this a New feature to replace Classic but then miss something pretty basic like this :frowning:

Hi @azns,

Thanks for the question. The team is actively working on a solution for this, but I don’t have a specific ETA for release.

As far as the naming goes, New represents a more recent version of the universal login, but there are still some gaps between new and old versions. Custom fields, for example.

2 Likes