Test email code for passwordless flow is significantly delayed

Hi Team, I’m testing a SPA with passwordless Lock, and today I’ve noticed that the email code (set up with the Auth0 test provider) experiences significant delays. I.e. I received the codes 2-3 hours after I’ve tried to sign in with email. Is there anything besides configuring a custom provider that can be done? I don’t yet need high throughput, again only using this for testing for now. Thanks

The default Auth0 email provider is not recommended to be used in a production environment. In saying that, we cannot provide any guarantees of performance with our test email provider - if you are facing issues with the default provider, it is highly recommended to use a custom provider.

As a test, it would be worth trying to send the email codes to different email addresses with different providers, to determine whether the issue occurs for all emails.

1 Like

Thanks @prashant,

Fully understood. I’ve been planning to set up a custom provider (SES) so seems like a good way to go.

Thanks @prashant,

Fully understood. I’ve been planning to set up a custom provider (SES) so seems like a good way to go.