Terms checkbox for New Universal Login

We need a “Terms & Conditions” checkbox for the signup page. Are there any plans that this feature will find its way into the new universal login anytime soon?

3 Likes

Hi @CoffeeTime,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I am reaching out to the team on this and will update here with their response.

The ability to add ToS is in the near-term roadmap, but I don’t have a specific ETA.

Hi @dan.woda, is there anywhere we can track the progress of this feature? Our team is also looking forward to the implementation.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi @dfrazee,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I don’t have an ETA at this time, and it doesn’t look like we have an official feature request for this. I’ll try and post an update here when this is released or have some timeline.

1 Like

Is there any recommandation on how to incorporate it into the flow?

I could easily put this consent into my user onboarding, but at that point the account is already created on auth0.

+1 to this feature and some way of tracking progress on it, an ETA, that would be great.

I’m facing the same issue - will be implementing a checkbox in my onboarding flow today.

However, as far as I understand GDPR, it’s (near?) impossible to be GDPR-compliant without asking for consent clearly and explicitly before collecting data and tracking that consent. This, in turn, would mean, if I understand the regulations correctly, that it’s impossible (or, perhaps, impractical? there might be solutions I haven’t thought of) to build fully GDPR-compliant authentication with the New Universal Login flow.

Would love to see the option to add that checkbox, hope you can prioritise it. Either way, thank you for your hard work, the New Universal Login is great overall!

3 Likes

Hi @rgoj,

Thanks for your added input!

I still don’t have a specific ETA for this feature, but it is still in out near-term roadmap. I’ll update here when I have a more detailed timeline.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick update, @dan.woda ! Looking forward to hearing any news about this :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dan.woda is there an official feature request we can track? I’d really like to use the new universal experience, but this terms and conditions box is necessary.

3 Likes

I started using the new universal login. Any suggestions on how to stay legal by having users read the terms and conditions and keeping the new universal login?
(A pop-over link on-top on the login page? but then we need to host the login page in our domain.
Or a consent popover after logging in? Aside from what’s pointed already that by that time the user is already created, it’s the ideal flow if there’s no onboarding process after login.
Or, one of the marketplace options, DataGuard, offers also terms management as part of a consent package. But after 5000 users the management price is 250 euros a month and I think that’s a bit pricy.
Or some other idea?)

1 Like

Posting just be warned when a solution to that problem is available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re also waiting for this feature. Is there any progress?

1 Like

We would also waiting for this feature due to GDPR issues.

1 Like

Hi all,

I don’t have a public ETA, but this is in progress and is a priority. Thanks for your patience!

Also waiting for an ETA. Pretty disappointing to not have this feature. I see that it’s been a request for a couple years already.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @tim10.

I’m not sure where you’re seeing this, but this request was initially submitted less than a year ago.

Additionally, not all feature requests are picked up for development. These topics are used to gauge interest and discuss use cases etc. A feature is not picked up for development as soon as a feature request is created (or at all in some cases).

I just want to make sure your expectations of these requests are aligned with how they are intended to be used.

With that said, this one is coming soon.

Any news on this feature?

thanks

1 Like

Hi @tom.arbuthnot , please see my update from two weeks ago.

Thanks. Sorry threading on this forum is a bit confusing.

Can you narrow coming soon down to a half or quarter? or could if be 2024?

thanks

1 Like