Tenant Member Blocked

Hi,

We have a Tenant Member that has been blocked due to reaching the Invalid Login Threshold in Brute Force Protection.

How can we unblock this account so they can access the Admin Dashboard?

Cheers,
Maurice

Hi @maurice.bernardo ,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

The 3rd question in this FAQ mentioned how to unblock users. Hope this helps!

Hi @lihua,

Thanks for the response but that FAQ entry refers to Users not Tenant Members.
The issue we have is with a Tenant Member and therefore they are not present in the User list and do not have a User Id so we cannot use any of the User API endpoints to unblock them.

How do we unblock Tenant Members?

Cheers,
Maurice

Hi @maurice.bernardo,

Sorry that I misunderstood your query earlier.

To regain access to the Auth0 dashboard, the blocked tenant member can click on the “forgot password” link on the login page, enter the email, and then click on the link on the email to reset the password. I just tested this on my end and it works for me.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Hi @lihua,

Thanks for the prompt reply once more.
We tried the ‘Forgot Password’ process but no email was received to start the password resetting process.

Is this normal?

Cheers,
Maurice

Hi @maurice.bernardo ,

The email I received has the subject “Reset Password” from no-reply@emails.auth0.com. Could you try searching in your mailbox spam folder?

And what happens if signing up with the same email? Do you get the message “the user already exists”?

If this issue persists, please DM me your email. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @lihua.zhang,

We’ve tested the scenario once more and we’ve been ablet to receive the Password Reset email along with the Unblock function.

I’m not sure why we didn’t receive the Password Reset email previously.

Thanks again,
Maurice

Hi @maurice.bernardo ,

Thank you for the updates. Glad to know you received the emails. Please feel free to create a topic if having any queries. :slight_smile:

1 Like