Slow response on get users for particular group id

Hi Team,

I am using GET /groups/{group_id}/members to get users associated with a particular group.
I am using pagination as I am having more than 25 users to get all 30 users associated with a group like below.

groups/GROUP_ID/members?per_page=25&page=1 (sends info for 25 users, Response time on local 13.05 seconds)
groups/GROUP_ID/members?per_page=25&page=2 ( sends info for 5 users, Response time on local
1.30 seconds)

This gives me all the 30 users associated with the group & works fine.

The only issue I am having is a slow response from auth0 see for 25 users it took 13.05 sec.
My worry is if my user base increases to 1000+ it would take a lot of time.

Let’s say I have 1000 users, response for 25 users is 13.05.
So to get USers data for 1000, I need to call API multiple times ( 40 times) & it would take 522 seconds. That’s the huge response time.

groups/GROUP_ID/members?per_page=25&page=1
groups/GROUP_ID/members?per_page=25&page=2

groups/GROUP_ID/members?per_page=25&page=39
groups/GROUP_ID/members?per_page=25&page=40

Could you please let me know how can we reduce response time on such scenarios?

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish Bainade

Hi @ashish.bainade,

Following up this topic from your Tweet.

I just did a test on my end and got a total execution time of 1644ms from initial request for the token to receiving first page of group members.

I am wondering if there is an external factor that is causing the slow down. Maybe a firewall/poor connection or something of that nature.

Can you try making the request on a different connection or from a webtask?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Hope you are doing great.

I tried to hit API to get first page of group ,it took 14.67 sec with VPN enabled & without VPN 14.27 Sec.
But still its slow.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish Bainade

Can you try it on another connection or from a webtask/serverless function?

Looks like average response times have been averaging ~500ms.

http://uptime.auth0.com/1612668

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

We are not using serverless architecture in our prod env.
Hence, this is not feasible solution.

This is lingering for a while & due to such slow response, we are having bad user experience.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish Bainade

@ashish.bainade,

Can you DM me the name of your tenant please?

Thanks,
Dan

The tenant name is *****.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish Bainade

Just for clarity, are you running this script from your local machine? I am still not seeing this much latency and that makes me think it is something with your connection/firewall.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.