Set template for universal login experience endpoint does not apply to Password Reset page

When making changes to the Universal Login template via the No-Code Editor, it affects the Password Reset page as expected. However, when I make changes to the Universal Login page via the Management API, it does not affect the Password Reset page.

My assumption is that the Password Reset page is part of the Universal Login pages. Why are the changes I made to the template not reflected in the Password Reset page?

Hi @BrandenRobinson,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

That’s correct. The endpoint you are referring to is /api/v2/branding/templates/universal-login, which is for updating the New Universal Login page. (Reference: Universal Login Page Templates API)

To use the Management API to customize the New Universal Login text prompts, such as the password reset page, you will need to call the /api/v2/prompts/{prompt}/custom-text/{language} endpoint.

I recommend referring to our Customize Login Text Prompts documentation and clicking on the “Use the Management API” section for more info.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

Your statement implies that I want to change text. I want to change the template for the password reset page. More specifically, the background of the page. Auth0 adds a background-position CSS attribute which pushes the background to the right by 50%.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @BrandenRobinson,

If you would like to change the HTML of the password reset page when using the New Universal Login experience, this can be accomplished with the Universal Login no-code editor. There is a specific section for Page background, which you can modify to your preference.

Please see this documentation for a thorough walkthrough.

Cheers,
Rueben