Rename tenant or move billing plan from one tenant to other

Hi everyone, I already have seen a number of renaming/moving tenant posts (Rename Tenant in Auth0 by Tech team). But I have one additional question. Creating a new tenant wouldn’t be an issue for us, EXCEPT that we signed up for a paid tier under the initial auto-generated default tenant name.

Any way to move service to the other tenant?

Hi @novo_scott,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you have questions about moving your Auth0 subscription from one tenant to another.

Unfortunately, we cannot internally move your subscription plans from one tenant to another.

Instead, I recommend that you first downgrade the subscription in your paid tenant to the Free plan, and then upgrade the new tenant with the subscription. Once this is complete, please let us know so that we can process the refund.

Here are the instructions on how to downgrade to free subscription: Downgrade or Cancel Auth0 Subscriptions

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you.

Reuben, thank you for that info. As a side issue, even though we have a custom domain, our consent screen still shows the default tenant name (which is unfamiliar to our users “dev-blahblahblah”). Is there a way to change that? I’ve seen https://auth0.com/docs/brand-and-customize/customize-consent-prompts, but that appears to only change scope names/descriptions. Can you point me in the right direction for more customizable consent screens?

Hi @novo_scott,

Thank you for your response.

Yes! The best way to customize the consent screen is by modifying the consent text prompt elements found here.

You’ll need to update the consent prompt screen by calling the Management API : Customize New Universal Login Text Prompts

For example:

curl --request PUT \
  --url 'https://YOUR_DOMAIN/api/v2/prompts/consent/custom-text/en' \
  --header 'authorization: Bearer MGMT_API_ACCESS_TOKEN' \
  --header 'content-type: application/json' \
  --data '{ "consent": { "pageTitle": "MYAPP" } }'

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.