Register a user using auth0/auth0-angular

In Angular, how can I register a user with their email so that when they attemp to login they are prompted to create a password?

I have a form that takes in new user details. name and email?

Hi @a3h16,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Firstly, let me clarify that creating a user requires an email and password attribute.

In this case, it seems like you are looking to Send Email Invitations for Application Signup. Could you please confirm?

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi,

I guess I am then looking to enable the user to signup. I understand using the new universal login option with loginWithRedirect and passing in the option screenHint: “signup”, the user can then enter their details.

However how can this be done with classic universal login?
The screenHint: “signup” option presents me with the login page whilst in classic universal login mode

p.s.

I’ve also found a solution with the auth0-js package where you can register a new user prompting them to enter a password. How can this be done via auth0-angular package?

import { WebAuth } from ‘auth0-js’

this.auth0.authorize(
{
connection: ‘’,
email: ‘’,
authorizeCallType: ‘registration’,
redirectUri: callback
},

Hi @a3h16,

Thanks for the reply.

That’s correct. Only the New Universal Login experience allows you to pass the screen_hint=signup parameter when redirecting to the /authorize endpoint. Unfortunately, this cannot be done with the Classic Universal Login experience.

In this situation, I recommend following the steps outlined in our Send Email Invitations for Application Signup documentation.

Essentially, you will first need to register a user using the Management API’s Create a user endpoint with a dummy password. Then, repurpose a Change Password email template as an invitation email and send it to the user by calling the Authentication API’s Change Password endpoint.

When the user follows the email link, they can set their new password and have access to their account.

I hope the explanation was clear!

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.