Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Redirect To for classic login doesn't work

Hello there,

I tried setting the Redirect To url for password reset and verification email for our classic login, but it doesn’t work, regardless if I use a full url or {{ application.callback_domain } variable. Both the verification and the password reset do succeed, but they stay on the same page.

Here’s a link to the docs I used: https://auth0.com/docs/email/templates#configuring-the-redirect-to-url

And here: https://auth0.com/docs/universal-login/default-login-url#completing-the-email-verification-flow

This behavior only happens when the New Universal Login Experience is enabled. In Classic mode, you will need to configure the Redirect URL in the Verification Email Template

Any help would be appreciated!

All the best,
Joralf

Hi @joralf,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community Forum!

Can you help us with some more information? Are you receiving errors in the console or in the auth0 logs? Can you confirm that a complete url is being sent with the email? Does the link include this information?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response, here’s a screenshot of our settings:

Here’s the mail I receive, notice the subject is also not set according to the settings above:

Here’s the URL in the email, it doesn’t contain any query params. Should it?

{domain}/lo/reset?ticket=SN4jKhybplayAbh98OWvXdZ9Go8y20Ai#

I receive no errors in console after password reset, it just doesn’t redirect.

All the best,
Joralf

@joralf,

It looks like you are using the Auth0 email provider. Notice the yellow warning in the screenshot of your template settings.

Can you try setting up a custom provider and see if the changes take effect? Sendgrid will allow you to set up a trial for free if you are just looking to test the function.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your feedback. I read the yellow warning message, but I expected it to only apply to the actual template (the message) and not the from/subject/redirect to. I’ll look into custom email provider solution.

Thanks so much!

All the best,

Joralf