Password change Ticket URL error

Hello everyone!

When we get password change emails, there’s a link and a button inside. The problem is, the link doesn’t take us to the same page as the button does. Clicking the button gets us to the right page for changing the password, but if you click the link, it’s a no-go. The link’s value is the same for everyone.

We’ve got two tenants but only one of them acts up like this.

Page if we click the link:

Did anyone else encounter the same problem, and if they did, how did they resolve it?

Thanks!

Hi @Izil,

I have just taken a look at your Change Password email template and found on line 579 that you are setting a href attribute to a URL which you have generated by calling the Management API’s change password ticket endpoint.

This will not work since generating a change password ticket requires that you specify the user_id that it is for, and the ttl_sec (time to live in seconds) for when the URL expires, among other body parameters. Therefore, you will need to remove that href attribute and allow the template to generate the URL dynamically for your users. For clarity, you only need to specify {{ url }} in your code template.

To see an example, you can view the default change password email template.

I hope this helps!

Please reach out again if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

1 Like

I didn’t notice that Thanks !! :pray:

1 Like

Hi @Izil,

Of course, you’re welcome!

I’m glad it’s working now.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.