Organizations and Passwordless Authentication with Email

Hi,
TL;DR;
How can use use “Passwordless Authentication with Email” in an organization?

More details below.
We are using organizations/invitations in our web app.
We deploy separate web apps (aka “platform”) for distinct customers and for that purpose, for each platform, we have (on auth0 side):

• an application
  • a database connection
  • an organization

Everything works fine (stuffs are terraformed and everything deploys easily).

My problem is:
For one specific “public demo” platform, I want to enable “passwordless authentication with email”, but the dashboard says that this is not supported (go to Organizations → Connections → Enable Connection => “not supported”)

How can we proceed?

Side notes: we are using authentication code flow, in a Svelte/SvelteKit app, we deal with the token and refresh token and all the auth0 things in our authentication code which is tightly coupled with the Organization notion.

Best regards,
Fred

1 Like

Hi @frederic.triquet

Welcome to Auth0 Community !!!

Passwordless with email in Organization is not supported at the moment. It is in our Q3 Roadmap for 2022.

Thank you
Jeff

1 Like

Hi @jeff0 ,
Thank you for the answer.

In the meantime, could you tell me what I have to do?
I guess I will have to modify my code and allow it to deal without Organizations but I would like to be sure before I dive into that.

Best regards.
Fred

Not sure if this would work for you, but we’ve set up a pre-registration action that checks the email domain and errors out if the domain name doesn’t match the ones we support.

1 Like

It’s incredible that you do not have this rolled out to your organizations. This is a huge pain point for us.

1 Like

Hi, we are also looking for this feature, @jeff0 any ETA on when Auth0 is planning to release this feature?

1 Like

Any updates on ETA? Still Q3 of 22?

1 Like

Bumping this thread as we would also use this functionality. Is this still on track for Q3 2022 @jeff0?

1 Like

Adding my voice for this enhancement, and I hope the organization data is available in the passwordless email template so that we can do organization specific branding.

1 Like

Hi all, I am reaching out to the team on the matter and will update here when I hear back. Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

The team responded and said this item is currently on the roadmap for Q1.

1 Like

Is there any roadmap published?

1 Like

Hi @adam.ard,

Not persistently. We’ve previously published a roadmap and shared it during certain product roadmap events. If you have specific questions feel free to DM me or open a new thread.

Hi all,

I’m pleased to provide an update on this topic:

Passwordless with New Universal Login currently in Early Access and since very recently can now be used with Organizations :tada:

General Availablilty has a target date of end of the month so there may still be some minor changes to come.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Nathan

2 Likes

Very happy for this update, but the documentation indicates that we have to know which passwordless connection PRIOR to redirecting to the New Universal Login:

" To trigger the Passwordless flow, your application must specify the connection name in the authorization request with email or sms ."

Am I reading that correctly? We won’t be able to redirect the user and have them choose email or sms Passwordless on the New Universal Login page?

Hi @Adam.Ard2 ,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Currently the connection must be specified as per the documentation when using Passworldless with New Universal Login.
Please can I recommend raising this in our Feedback section as a feature request.
See here, How do I submit Product feedback or feature requests?

Thanks!

2 Likes

From what I saw the example code uses the auth0-spa-js library.
Is this supported for projects using other technologies at this point in time? If so, which client technologies can use it right now?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.