Option to use passwordless/magic link login along with connections (such as Google/Azure AD) on the New Universal Login

Feature: Option to use passwordless/magic link login along with connections (such as Google/Azure AD) on the New Universal Login page

Description: Currently it is not possible to use passwordless/magic link login on the New Universal Login page. Even with lock.js, it’s not possible to enable both options at the same time.

Use-case: Users could select from passwordless/magic link logins, standard DB connection login, social connections (such as Google) and others (Azure AD).

Hi @simon.stekler,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Let’s hope this feature attracts many votes!

Have a great rest of your day.

Similarly, I would like to give users the choice to log in either with a password (database connection) or via the passwordless flow, as a fall-back option for people who don’t remember their password.) While it is possible to users with both connections and link the accounts, it does not appear to be possible to create an Auth0 login flow that supports user choice between these two options.

The two-screen “Identifier First” authentication profile (for the New Universal Login experience) seems like the perfect place to do this. Ideally, the first screen would prompt the user to enter their email address, and the second screen would both prompt the user for their password and display “Email me a login” link to initiate a passwordless login flow.

In searching through the forums, this request has popped up a number of times:

https://community.auth0.com/t/using-passwordless-and-social-logins-on-the-lock-ui/12614

2 Likes

Hi @sparkwise,

Thank you for the additional context!

+1 to this feature to have passwordless in the new Universal Login. It would be much more useful as I feel the world’s trend is to kill password

3 Likes

We have a similar situation. We have 2 types of business customers:

• Some or our business customers use an Enterprise IDP (i.e. Azure, Okta, Onelogin), and we have enabled Enterprise Connections for them.
  • Some of our business customers do not user an IDP, so we use Passwordless for them (with an Email code). We do not use DB Password for them, as we know they are not secure.

Ideally, in our Login Box, we want our users to type in their email address only, and:

A) If Email matches that of an Enterprise Connection Directory, send user to IDP (i.e. Azure) to authenticate himself
B) If Email does not match that of an Enterprise Connection Directory, send user to the Passwordless flow (i.e. send user Access Code via email and show text input box to input code).

Our team has tried very hard, using different methods, to accomplish this, and we haven’t been able to do it. We are currently using the LOCK login box using the NEW Universal Login, and have failed to accomplish this. How can we accomplish this?

2 Likes