In the week following February 25th 2022, Node.js 8 is being End Of Life (EOL) and there may be developers who need to review their custom code implementations that may not have been updated yet to use Node 12 compatible NPM modules as the default runtime. Those who may have not updated will likely be impacted and we want to ensure no one has any service interruptions or login failures.
Auth0 Extensibility Products that may be affected by the Node.js 8 End Of Life is:
- Custom Database Connections
- Custom Social Connections
Products not impacted by this change include:
- Legacy Rules and/or hooks are no longer working as expected
- Auth0 Service Interruption
- Login Failure
This is the result of the deprecation of the legacy Node.js 8 environment that has impacted Rules, Hooks, Extensions, Custom Database Connections, Custom Social Connections, and custom code implementations leveraging Node 8.
Upgrade your Rules, Hooks, Extensions, Custom Database Connections, Custom Social Connections to be compatible with the Node 12 runtime environment:
- Migrate the custom Rules and Hooks to Auth0 Actions on the Node 16 runtime
- Update the Rules and Hooks to be Node 12 runtime compatible (take special care to double check any node modules that are in use).
Since long-term support for Node 12 will be ending in April 2022, Auth0 strongly recommends migration to Auth0 Actions, which will allow the ability to stay on a supported Node version without additional future action. Note that there are some limitations with Actions, please review them before migrating.