MFA with Google Social login fails with Unauthorized error

Hi,

We have a working app with custom database + MFA (any) setting using rules. Now I am trying to add Google Social login to it.
I am using the auth0 dev keys because this is still a POC. And I have read the Test Social Connections with Auth0 Developer Keys but even that does not say that MFA wont work.

This is a trace of the calls

For some reason it works till it ask for verify_otp and then it gives this error. Maybe it does not get the correct redirect url? But I am not sure where to give that when starting the MFA flow.

Best Regards,
Auth0 Team

Although this is not mentioned in that documentation page, this may be an omission in docs as I know that developer keys are significantly constrained for anything beyond a simple test login to see the authentication flow from/to the social provider.

If you don’t have the bandwidth to fully generate a Google client application identifier (although this should be simple for development) my recommendation would be for you to test with a database connection test user as this error is likely related to the developer keys being used.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.