We are going down the path where every customer of ours will have their own tenant in Auth0. Some challenges that I can foresee us facing are
- There is currently no API to create tenants.
- If we have hundreds of tenants, how do we get an overview of all the tenants that we own? Currently, it seems that the only way I can see tenants associated to my account is via a drop down box -> Switch Tenant which shows a list with a search box. Again, I am thinking that if there is at least an API, we can build our own UI on top of it.
- If we need to remove a tenant, what is the easiest way of doing that? Would we have to Switch tenant -> Go through multiple steps in the Dashboard to delete the tenant?
Would really appreciate any advice and suggestions on how we handle the issues above.
Hey there @mwc!
Unfortunately it’s pretty much how you described it.
- Currently there is no option do create tenants via any of our APIs
- It depends on what you mean by overview if you mean tenant settings you can use our Management API for that, here’s the endpoint: https://auth0.com/docs/api/management/v2#!/Tenants/get_settings
otherwise yep the dashboard and logs feature: https://auth0.com/docs/logs
- Yes that is correct. Currently there is no other way to do that.
Sorry for the bad news!
Thanks for the prompt reply, Konrad.
Just a couple more questions:
- Are there any plans to improve on the API/UI support of tenants?
- Does it make a difference if I am on the Enterprise subscription? I believe you can have unlimited tenants if you are on the Enterprise level.
Will do that. Thanks Konrad!
Thank you a lot for that!