Create Tenants via Management API

Would love to be able to create tenants via the management API. Any chance of this happening? Thanks!

Hi @colin2,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community and creating this feedback request.

Yes! Creating this feedback is the first step to input feature requests and depending on the votes, will be prioritized into the product.

Let’s hope it attracts as many votes as possible! Please don’t forget to vote for this request.

Have a great rest of your day.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I have seen for years now that this feature is not supported and to be honest it is a deal breaker. Could it be done? I don’t want to be creating some bots and hacks to make it happen, it would be best if there would be an official way to do it. Even I can see that you
have the endpoint in your application to create tenants under

manage.auth0.com/api/relyingparty
with such a payload:

{
“tenant”: “tenant-name”,
“locality”: “eu”,
“isChild”: false,
“environment”: “production”
}

So why not just make it accessible in the management API? I can even use it with postman with just that body and the x-csrftoken

I’m designing a system where my clients can make their own websites and have their own authentication without me doing some manual work, so they will just make it work with the click of a button.

1 Like

Thank you for adding your +1 to it Paco!

3 Likes

Any update on when this API might be released? This is a blocker for using Auth0 in building multi tenant application since tenant creation is a manual process now.

We would also love this feature. This is the only manual thing left in our deployment - everything else is automated.

2 Likes

We like Auth0 a lot and would like to promote the use of it via our customer education for using an external IDP for dynamic api consumer registration.

Since Auth0 doesn’t have this yet though, we cannot proceed unfortunately because in an education hands-on lab, you want the student to have their own tenant to work with so that they are not stepping on each other.

Please create this ASAP.

1 Like

I would also appreciate this feature. It’s very useful to be able to define tenants via terraform, for example.

1 Like