Login template branding text is not being reflected

we have custom domain enabled and using universal login feature with custom templates, now i was in the need of updating the description which is being shown in the login page.
When we are updating the description through CLI / API I can those changes are saved, however when running the login screen text change is not being reflected.

Hi @ksanghi ,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I tested on my end in the Management API and Postman and it’s working fine.

PUT request:
https://{domain}/api/v2/prompts/login/custom-text/en
{
    "login": {
        "title": "xxxx",
        "description": "xxxx",
        "buttonText": "xxxx"
    }
}

If you are still facing this issue, could you please provide the details about how did you updating the descriptions so I can try replicating this? Thanks!

steps and configuration that we took

1. We have custom domain enabled
  2. using CLI switched to tenant XX
  3. using command auth0 branding texts show login
  4. Window appeared with details
  5. Description was updated
  6. When doing test login

Thank you for the updates.

From your login screen, looks like your Authentication Profile has Identity First selected.

The login-id prompt only has the email address field, but the login prompt has the email address and password field.

This article explained the prompts.

That could be the reason that you don’t see the description changed after updating the Login page because your screen is the Login-id page.

Do you want to give it a try by updating the login-id page with the below scripts?

PUT request:
https://{domain}/api/v2/prompts/login-id/custom-text/en
{
    "login-id": {
        "title": "xxxx",
        "description": "xxxx",
        "buttonText": "xxxx"
    }
}
1 Like

Wow ! this is working

1 Like

Thanks. It was set to identifier already, but obviously that wasn’t working, so I changed it to identifer + password, then back - now it’s back to where it was supposed to be… I’ll try scripts next.

Mike

1 Like