Introduction Thread

Hi Everyone,

Software developer here in the UK, looking for help and support (and to give help and support) around Outh2 security for SPAs and Spring Boot…

Interests are target shooting and green road driving (aka green laning) in my old battered Range Rover!

2 Likes

Hey there @darren.roberts!

Welcome to our community!

1 Like

I’m Ian (ian-s-mcb on most accounts). I am hoping to use auth0 for a college class project and I wanted to reach out to the community about a question I have. I’ll posted it after getting this introduction out of the way.

2 Likes

Hey there @ian.s.mcb!

Glad to have you in our community!

Hey everyone,

My name is Gabriel, I am currently working on integration auth0 into my current employer’s platform and would like to leverage the community platform for some help, tips & tricks!

Thanks for all your awesome work so far.

2 Likes

Hey there @gabriel.lucaci!

Great to have you here!

Hi all!

I’m joining the Auth0 community to hopefully get some help around Everything-Auth-Related™. I’ve got some previous auth-related experience (WS-Fed, OAuth, IdentityServer etc.), but primarily as a “consumer” of an already existing infrastructure (in the .NET Core and Angular world).

I’m now in a situation where I’m for the first time is responsible for setting up “everything” from the ground up (SPA client, back-end API and auth integration/configuration), so I’ve just started digging through the various documentation and tutorials there at Auth0. More posts with questions is to be anticipated in the near future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there @juliank!

Great to have you in our community!

Hello!

I’m a full stack engineer in the DC area.

I’ve played around with a couple different authentication services as well as rolled my own. I’m here to learn more about Auth0 and when to use it over other solutions.

2 Likes

Hey there @orndorffgrant!

Welcome in our community!

Hi everyone,

I’m Jeff and I’m a product manager for an analytics company . One of my topic areas is authentication and we get all manner of questions related to integrating our product with our customers existing identity solutions.

A fun fact about me is I have a degree in hotel and restaurant management, so upon reading this you may say “How’d this guy land here?” Well, I’ve played with computers since I was five, and I love working on technical problems involving software. Between working in desktop support roles, technical architecture jobs, a stint in finance IT, pre-sales, and product marketing, I’ve worked to help make my colleagues lives easier through automation and tooling. Along the way, I found authentication and access control and it’s been a passion of mine ever since.

I cycle, occasionally do Crossfit, and love to cook. I favor Marvel over DC, tabs over spaces, and the New England Patriots over Tom Brady.

In my current role, I work with Auth0 a bit and want to expand my knowledge with more exposure to OpenID Connect and OAuth2. Our customers have some interesting requirements and I appreciate the flexibility Auth0 provides to simplify integration.

Looking forward to becoming more active in this community!

Cheers,

Jeff G

2 Likes

Hey there @goldbergjeffrey!

Hi :slight_smile: I’m Hugo, developer from Sweden. I enjoy Docker, Rust, Node.js, open source and open standards!

2 Likes

Hey there @hugojosefson!

Great to have you in our community!

Greetings community,
My name is Adam and I’m a software engineer for a startup. I can provide more information on the nature of it later on as I have approvals.

I feel as though as I am a hybrid, in that I love computers, but I love nature and spending time away from technology. Camping and road trips give me my balance and energy for the tech industry.

I am new to Auth0 but I am excited to use it. Looking forward to becoming more knowledgeable and eventually help others.

Thanks!
Adam

Hey there @awolo!

1 Like

Hello everyone! My name’s Vlad and I’m a software engineer from Manchester, UK. I’m working on a project that’s been using Auth0 from day one, and I got stuck trying to update the auth0-spa-js library to the latest version which is why I am now here.

Also, you can’t go wrong with Lord of the Rings.

Hey there @vlad.r!

Glad to have you here!

Hi,

My name is Miriam and I’m a UX Developer. I’m using Auth0 for a volunteer project for a small non-profit org.

I live in Pacifica California and enjoy watching music videos of pop music from around the world.

1 Like

Hey there @MiriamS!

Great to have you in our community with us!