Introduction Thread

Hello Auth0 community!

My name is Shawn. I have been working as a Java developer for almost 3 years now. I am intrested in Auth0 for a personal web app project I am building using many aspects of the Spring framework and utilizing Auth0 IAM,

Great to have you on board @shawnmroberts24!

Hello there,
I am trying to help my client to set up the free plan account. When I was testing it, I was using my personal cell number for the two factor but I can’t seem to be able to add his number once I removed mine. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Boris

Hey! C# Developer here that is working on migrating an application that is currently using ADB2C to Auth0.

Welcome aboard @wikoenig and @boris-bluetext!

@boris-bluetext we’d be happy to help, please open a new topic on this subject and we can work together on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m just coding around and learning new coding skills like Python and HTML, but I mostly focused on JavaScript and NodeJS and recently joined Auth0 because RequestBins used it and just clicked the Auth0 icon. I just checked the home page, I tried the real-life implementation in some apps and also looked at the pricing and features page before I’m signed up.

Hey there @AJHalili06! Great to have you in our community!

1 Like

Thanks for welcoming!

If you’ve got any questions or technical hurdles feel free to open a separate topic for them!

Hello everybody! I’m a software developer from Poland, working in IT for 4 years, “recycled” from being a lawyer for several years before.

I’m quite interested in what Auth0 is doing and how it is done. I’m currently testing the products and thus I’ll probably need some support from community :).

I’m one of these people who don’t sacrifice they’re whole life to one hobby, so my interests are quite wide and not related to each other. I like Latin dances, history, astronomy, music (rock / electronic / latin) and travels.

See you around!

Cześć Piotrek! Glad to have more people from Poland in our community! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

My names Willliam Falconer, a full stack dev in the UK.
I’m looking for advice on how to implement Auth0 passwordless as an option using Universal Login and ASP.Net Core.

We have a specific scenario in which we want users to be signed up via passwordless (for a free trial) and have an existing password based approach. We are looking to be able to detect in web api based on some state or parameter that we can add to Auth0 as part of our c# configuration that we have.

any assistance on this would be great.

Cheers,

Billy

1 Like

Hey there @williamfalconer!

Great to have you in our community! As it’s an introduction thread we do not help on issue here. Please open another topic for the hurdle you face providing us with as much details and info as possible. Context do matter a lot!

1 Like

Daniel Friesen here, a full-stack developer (though recently I’ve contemplated whether I should be taking on something like “engineer” or “architect” given the kind of work I do). I build things remotely for a variety of clients, often from scratch on my own. I primarily work with JavaScript and React, but I’m a polyglot and have also built things with various other frameworks and languages.

I’m here because I DMed Auth0Community on twitter wanting to start a discussion on the present and future of securing the long-term logins that apps (PWA and native) use to keep users logged in indefinitely. And they invited me to start the discussion in the Auth0 community here so others may join in.

1 Like

Welcome aboard @dantman! We’re happy to have you and excited for the discussion!

Hi, full stack developer based in Berlin. This is my first time with Auth0. I’ve previously used AWS Cognito, and Firebase Authentication. I’m mind blown with this community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there @minibar, welcome to the Auth0 community! Let us know if we can be of any help :smiley:

Greetings folks,

I’m a full/multi-stack dev, prefer back-end or I’ll go down the rabbit hole with aesthetics and style and not emerge to get anything working on the backend for days :expressionless: On the backend I am very much a python oriented person but am familiar with several languages. Pgsql is my preferred db but can work with many. My OS of choice is Linux and has been for /many/ years. I stopped using m$ when we stopped using stone tablets to make printed documentation. SublimeText3 is my editor of choice with /usr/bin/joe my cli editor, I don’t like vi* or emacs. I write kernel modules, build IoT devices and flash my own firmware. I solder my own circuits I designed. I write and submit patches to many open source projects. I focus on security and utility things. If I’m not getting an A+ on ssllabs for my project, I’m not happy. I’ve written code for fire/rescue computer aided dispatch (also drove the fire engine and put wet stuff on hot stuff), got yelled at too many times for hacking USAF terminals just so we could get our fighter jet maintenance work logged correctly, patched sendmail, written my own sendmail.cf (here’s some smelling salts because some of you just fainted), and written assembler code for microcontrollers. I’ll also use pretty drag-and-drop no-code tools because I feel like it.

tbh, sometimes i yeet, sometimes i write with teenage vernacular, sometimes i’m snarky as f* and i tend to spell it out most of the time.

I prefer Google Cloud and G products/services and yeah, they swept “don’t be evil” under the rug, but I think they’re better than AWS when it comes to how to treat employees.

My favorite gif is probably :face_with_monocle: because I tend to use it a lot when replying to something someone posted; “I read it on the internet and it completely and coincidently turned the moon blue, sent rockets to Mars, did my laundry, and fixed my problem, so I know this is the solution to your very different problem” …

Cheers,
-d

Oh my gosh! :smiley: Great to have you in our community @FirefighterBlu3!

Hi all!
My name is Kjetil, and I’m part of a great Norwegian developer team. We’re currently implementing Auth0 in our new Ionic (Angular) / .NetCore application. Happy to be part of what looks like a thriving community