How do I add a button to New Universal Login?

I want to create something like that. But I find it really hard merely to add a button to New Universal Login. This API hates trial account: Universal Login Pages
And I think the default New Universal Login page should show that “Return to my-app” button

TL:DR, How do I add it on the most easiest way?

Hi @handikadwi7,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community.

I understand that you’d like to add a Button on the Auth0Lock widget to allow your users to go back to your app.

Unfortunately, there is no option out-of-the-box to accomplish this behavior. You may have noticed that pressing the back arrow on your browser leads to an error page.

This is expected, however, you can configure a Default Login Route either on the Tenant or Application level to redirect users back to your application’s Login Initiation endpoint. See our Configure Default Login Routes documentation for details.

Doing so will allow your users to press the back arrow to direct themselves back to your app.

Lastly, if you have some time, I highly encourage you to submit and vote for this feature request through our Feedback category.

Please let me know if there are any further questions. I’d be happy to help.

Thank you.

Then the easiest way is Auth0 can give New Universal Login code for developers to customize.
Why don’t they?

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional context @handikadwi7.

I have created a feature request. @rueben.tiow can you please upvote it? On Success and Error screens, provide a link or button back to initial login screen

1 Like

Opps I meant @handikadwi7 Please upvote the feature request.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.