Close button to step back

, ,

Please provide cancel/back button options in universal login

Customisation option to close the Login/signup form to redirect back to Origin

Just like this: Providing redirect to the close button when using the hosted universal login

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Let’s see how many people will be interested in such feature!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m evaluating Auth0 for integration into an online service. The very first thing I noticed is the user can’t back out of the Universal Login page. This is such a glaring omission that I at first thought there is some fundamental reason for it’s absence. Can you dig a little deeper into this? This is a violation of fundamental UX design principals, so it’s worth the extra effort on your part.

1 Like

Writing to anyone who might search for it. You can add it manually by entering the following code to the Universal Login custom page.
After lock.show(), add:

let closeButton = document.querySelector(".auth0-lock-close-button");
closeButton.addEventListener('click', function handleClick(event) {
			history.back()
});
1 Like

I have done this but it does not change anything in my universal login page, is there any other step that I might be missing?

My bad, I was missing to set the closable property to true. If anyone is still struggling with this issue you need to do 2 things in the Universal Login custom page:

1. Find the closable property within the var lock = new Auth0Lock(config.clientID, config.auth0Domain, { code block and set it to true (it’s at the end of it).
  2. Add the code suggested by Omer_G after the line with lock.show()

I hope you find this helpfull :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing it with the rest of community @andresr !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.