Hello i have Open With pop up in my application and contains the app 2 times

So when user enter in the application and he decide to login with Google for example, after successful login he can see Open With modal where application is suggested 2 times, my question is how to prevent this Open with modal to shows up. Many thanks!

Hey @AndonMitev!

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of exactly what you’re seeing? I think I know what you are referring to, does this only happen on the initial login?

Gotcha, thanks for confirming!

Can you please check out this issue and give the recommend fix a try?

Hmmm i’m trying but probably not doing it right not sure. In my callback urls i do have this:

dev.environment.my.app://auth.opn.network/android/dev.environment.my.app/callback

and i have builded intent url like this using react native expo:

android: {
  intentFilters: [
  {
              action: 'VIEW',
              autoVerify: true,
              data: [
                {
                  scheme: 'dev.environment.my.app',
                  pathPrefix: '/android/dev.environment.my.app/callback',
                },
              ],
              category: ['BROWSABLE', 'DEFAULT'],
            }
]
}

but still i see this pop up Open with and it has application 2 times

Hey @tyf , I still cannot manage to resolve it, i have shared detailed info here: Expo unexpected prompt with duplicate apps · Issue #554 · auth0/react-native-auth0 · GitHub basically i have tried everything but cannot force it to be once

1 Like

Hey @AndonMitev thanks a bunch for filing the issue against the SDK - I’ll be curious to see what the SDK owner says, as well as the other user involved.

FWIW - I was seeing the duplicate open with prompt in 2.14.0 with no changes to the sample app. I do not experience that behavior in the app if I update to react-native-auth0 version 2.15.0. Similarly, if I update my scheme to something other than the package name, in the case of the sample com.auth0samplesdemo and add a new allowed callback url in my app settings demo://{MY_DOMAIN}/android/com.auth0samples/callback I do not experience the duplicate popup issue.

My update AndroidManifest.xml looks like:

<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.auth0samples">
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW"/>
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE"/>
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
  <queries>
    <intent>
      <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW"/>
      <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE"/>
      <data android:scheme="https"/>
    </intent>
  </queries>
  <application android:name=".MainApplication" android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher" android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher_round" android:allowBackup="true" android:theme="@style/AppTheme" android:usesCleartextTraffic="true">
    <meta-data android:name="expo.modules.updates.ENABLED" android:value="true"/>
    <meta-data android:name="expo.modules.updates.EXPO_SDK_VERSION" android:value="46.0.0"/>
    <meta-data android:name="expo.modules.updates.EXPO_UPDATES_CHECK_ON_LAUNCH" android:value="ALWAYS"/>
    <meta-data android:name="expo.modules.updates.EXPO_UPDATES_LAUNCH_WAIT_MS" android:value="0"/>
    <meta-data android:name="expo.modules.updates.EXPO_UPDATE_URL" android:value="https://exp.host/@anonymous/00-Login-Expo"/>
    <activity android:name=".MainActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize|uiMode" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:windowSoftInputMode="adjustResize" android:theme="@style/Theme.App.SplashScreen" android:exported="true" android:screenOrientation="portrait">
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
      </intent-filter>
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW"/>
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE"/>
        <data android:scheme="demo"/>
      </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activity android:name="com.facebook.react.devsupport.DevSettingsActivity" android:exported="false"/>
  </application>
</manifest>

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.