Got "You may have pressed the back button" error after social account authentication

Hi,

I tried to authenticate a user with google account and got an error on auth0 /login/callback page
You may have pressed the back button, refreshed during login, opened too many login dialogs, or there is some issue with cookies, since we couldn't find your session. Try logging in again from the application and if the problem persists please contact the administrator.

TECHNICAL DETAILS

**invalid_request** : You may have pressed the back button, refreshed during login, opened too many login dialogs, or there is some issue with cookies, since we couldn't find your session. Try logging in again from the application and if the problem persists please contact the administrator.

This happened after I add my own google client ID and the try result has shown that there was no problem connecting to google got redirected back.

How do I solve this?

Thanks

Hello @dingxizheng,

Did you bookmark the login page and then use the bookmark to try logging in? That will cause this error. The login page URL has time-limited state information in it which will result in this error once the state information times out.

1 Like

@markd Thanks for the reply.

I didn’t bookmark the page and tried in private windows. Not just google signin, all social accounts (facebook, twitter) authentication resulted the same.

Hey there!

Sorry for such huge delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing you with best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is not enough comparing to the number of incoming questions.

Wanted to reach out to know if you still require further assistance?