Google sign-up - via universal login

Hi

I’m using the Universal login hosted pages for logging in and have the google-oauth2 social connection enabled which displays the Google button on the login form. Clicking this login button also allows a user who isn’t already registered to also sign-up. (Which is perfect)

On my signup form (which is hosted on my own website) I want to allow people to signup via Google, but I don’t want them to have to go to the login form first (As it would be confusing to show them the login form.).

Is there a way to embed that google button on my own website (So I can essentially skip the hosted login page) but have Google pass the user back through the universal login process and all its logic?

Thanks
Scott

Hello @scotts,

You can use an embedded login in your app, so long as you use a custom domain to mitigate cross-origin authentication issues.

In order to not show the email/password fields in the login form, you can disable your application in the database connection by following these steps:

• In your Auth0 dashboard, go to Connecctions > Database

• Click on Username-Password-Authentication (or any other database connection you may have configured for your tenant).

• Go to the Applications tab and toggle off your application

Let me know if you have more questions!

Stephanie

Hi

Would turning off the usernmae-password connection would however disable the login form? (Which is something I’m not looking to do)

Thanks
Scott

Oh, I see! Yes, that is right, the email/password fields would no longer show if you disabled the database connection, so that would not be a good option for you.

Are you using Lock for the signup form that is hosted on your website?

If so, you can pass allowLogin: false in the lock configurations in order to default to the signup page.

1 Like

Thanks, I wasn’t using lock, but I will look into this now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.