Error: 403 Forbidden with Terraform

Hi,
we where successfully using Terraform to manage our Auth0 settings. Lately we switched from a pain plan to the free plan and when running terraform plan we are now getting this error:

│ Error: 403 Forbidden: The account is not allowed to perform this operation, please contact our support team
│
│   with module.auth0.auth0_custom_domain.auth,
│   on ../modules/auth0/main.tf line 52, in resource "auth0_custom_domain" "auth":
│   52: resource "auth0_custom_domain" "auth" {

That makes completely sense since the free plan does not allow custom domains.

The problem is that even removing this block we are now getting this error:

Error: 403 Forbidden: The account is not allowed to perform this operation, please contact our support team

With no indication about the offending block. Just wondering if Terraform is allowed on the free plan or is completely forbidden. Any help?

Best,
Luigi

3 Likes

Commenting here since I’m experiencing the same issue. Also no info about the offending block. Just this:

╷
│ Error: 403 Forbidden: The account is not allowed to perform this operation, please contact our support team
│ 
│ 
2 Likes

Hey there everyone! :wave:t3:

I thought I’m gonna chime in with something that might be of your interest! We’re hosting an Ask Me Anything Session in our Forum regarding Auth0 Terraform Provider.

It’s gonna be on Thursday, September 28, 2023. Check out more info about it here!

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue, any resolution that you found?

2 Likes

Terraform should be usable for free tenants too. As a troubleshooting idea, you could export the configuration following this link and then compare the exported file with your configuration to find out where the failure happens.

+1 experiencing this issue now also.

1 Like

has anyone been able to find a workaround for this?

1 Like

I have generated my config following that doco and I am getting the 403

I’m having the same exact issue when trying to modify an auth0_client resource. My initial imports worked fine and I was able to get an initial state (after auto generating resources + imports). Now that I want to start modifying resources, I’m getting that error too.

For future reference :crystal_ball:

This is related to the following:

Separately:

While terraform is allowed on the free tier, I believe this issue relates to the use of auth0_custom_domain in particular - You would get the same error for any resource not included on the free plan.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.