Credentials tab not available in newly created SPA application

Hello, I’ve seen this previous questions: Change Public Application to Confidential

I am creating a new SPA application in a tenant where I have already created one before. But this time, when created, I do not see a Credentials tab, whereas before I did.

Further, on the Quick Start tab, it even says “When using the Default App with a Native or Single Page Application, ensure to update the Token Endpoint Authentication Method to None and set the Application Type to either SPA or Native.”

Am I missing something on how to change the “Token Endpoint Authentication Method”? Or is it always set to None now when creating new SPAs, and this is a recent change and your docs haven’t been updated everywhere?

Thanks!

You are right. Token Endpoint Authentication Method for SPA are by default set to None.

Hi @tech21

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Thank you for posting your question. Thank you @spoudel for the answear, I will only add further context to the mentioned sentence

When using the Default App with a Native or Single Page Application, ensure to update the Token Endpoint Authentication Method to None and set the Application Type to either SPA or Native .”

The mentioned Default App is an app that is automatically created when you create an tenant. It stays as the top of the application list. When you create a new SPA application the type and Authentication Methods are already set and there’s nothing to worry about.

Thanks
Dawid

1 Like

Ah!!

Thank you both. A while back I must have renamed the Default App to something else and changed the type to SPA (which has the option to change it though unlike new ones). I didn’t realise there was a difference between a default one and a new application like that.

I will give this a go over the weekend. You can mark this as closed now.

Thanks for the quick responses. Much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.