Can't find user

Hello, I have a complaint from a user that he cannot log in to his account, I cannot find him via search, when I try to add a user with the same email he writes that the user already exists, please advise me what to do

Hi @e.mizin,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you have a user that you are unable to add because they already exist.

In this case, could you please try searching for the user using the Management API Search Users by Email endpoint?

Once you found the user, you can use the Delete a user endpoint using the user_id from the first response.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Thank you.

Does this mean that in any case I have to delete this email from the database and ask the user to register again?

Hi @e.mizin,

Thank you for your reply.

Not necessarily, though it is an option that would resolve the “User already exists” error and allow them to register onto your application again.

However, moving forward, I would recommend you to trigger an interactive password reset flow that sends the user a link through email. The link opens the Auth0 password reset page where the user can enter a new password.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

1 Like