Cannot join team, or even access account: "Error! Something happened while trying to create the tenant"

I’m trying to join a team and work with the company’s tenants. But it seems my account is broken.

The invitation link from the team owner does not work: It takes me to a page with “We are sorry but your request couldn’t be completed”

I deleted the default tenant on my account thinking that may help me start fresh and join the team. Not sure why it would do that, but I figured it couldn’t hurt. Now I am in a worse state. Now I can’t access the account dashboard at all for this email. The first step tells me to create a tenant again (which I don’t see why I need, I’m trying to join my team’s tenants). I get the error: " Error! Something happened while trying to create the tenant: API Error. Please contact support if the problem persists"

Finally, a factor that may be contributing to the problem is that there are two accounts with this email, one from sign-in with Google and another from sign-in with email and password.

It’s a big mess, please help me get my account into a good state and join the Auth0 team I’ve been invited to.

1 Like

@creed1 @rueben.tiow could this issue be related to the same issue that our team is experiencing? I’ve posted about our issue Unable to add team member to my tenant - #4 by unlikelyai-vincent.

@creed1 my team ran into a similar problem as you when inviting a team member. I removed that team member and then re-invited them. The key is that when the new invite comes through, the team member must sign up again using the same method as before. That seem to solve the issue for us. What we were unable to do after this was to add the team member to the actual tenant so that they could use Auth0 for product building.

i get this exact error with the same issue Error!

Something happened while trying to create the tenant: API Error. Please contact support if the problem persists