Can I access the custom HTML in 'One or more pages are using custom HTML to override the Universal Login experience'

"Using Auth0’s No-Code Editor, I implemented a custom login design that seemingly goes beyond the editor’s limitations. Despite being able to ‘Save and Publish,’ previews show a warning about ‘custom HTML overriding the Universal Login experience.’ How can I access and implement this custom HTML and any related CSS? I understand now that I cannot use the “New Universal Login” and must revert to the classic, but hope to take advantage of the HTML and CSS or ‘Liquid’ scripts the editor already created for me? Thanks for any help!

Hi @dforer ,

You can check for customizations that could override the New Universal Login by looking at the pages here in your Dashboard > Branding > Universal Login > Scroll down to Advanced Options. Here you will see some tabs - Login, Password Reset, and MFA, check in these settings to see where there is customization, you will also find a toggle switch to enable or disable the use of the custom pages. If you are planning to use these custom pages I would recommend changing the selection from New Universal Login to Classic Universal Login found on the Settings tab. This will also remove the warning messages if you have the custom code implemented.

Depending on what it is you need to customize, you could look at the ability to customize the area around the New Universal Login Prompt using a Custom Page Template - check here for further details.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Great suggestions, all. And provided insights that I hadn’t found while deep diving into the docs. Also found a couple undocumented (and I’m sure unsupported) ‘flexibilities’ that the New Universal Login No-Code Editor provided, and helping me achieve my design objectives. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.