Can all emails be sent via API?

Can all emails be sent via API? I want SendGrid to handle the templating and sending of all emails.

Are there API hooks to do this? and will this stop any of the other emails from going out? I can see how to do this for the verification emails and the welcome email but not the others.

Hey there!

Can you add more context to what you mean by all emails? Here’s more on handling Auth0 related email flows:

I mean any email that is sent from auth0 (EG from the branding → email section see attached). Only verification emails and the welcome emails too to have a status toggle. They are also the only ones talked about in the documentation you provided above.

How do you go about creating hooks for other following emails:

• Enroll in Multifactor Authentication
  • Change Password
  • Blocked Account Email
  • Password Breach Alert
  • Verification Code for Email MFA
  • User Invitation

I would like all emails above to via SendGrid and to use the templating that SendGrid provides so I will need to call SendGrid via its API. This is required as depending on the application that the user is using the branding will be different.

1 Like

Gotchya! Then unfortunately I got bad news as we don’t offer such thing for all emails. Still the email part of the UI doesn’t translate 1-1 when it comes to doing things manually in the UI and doing them programatically.

What I would suggest is to raise that feedback in our feedback category to make our product team aware of such drawback: