Auth0 as SAML IdP fails for Google Social Connection

Hi,

I am trying to set up Auth0 as a SAML IdP for a Regular Web Application Client.

I have enabled the SAML2 Web App Addon for the Client. I have been successful for users in the Auth0 Database Connection (Username-Password-Authenticaion), but for users from Social Connections (tried with Google and LinkedIn) I can a 405 Method Not Allowed error from the Client when Auth0 is a request a GET from the Client’s ACS endpoint.

This behavior is seen on multiple browsers and multiple client OS.

When the process is successful, from the browser dev tools interface and SAML tools, I can see:

1. Client redirects to Auth0
  2. After logging in using Auth0 credentials, Auth0 POSTs SAML response to the Client’s ACS endpoint
  3. Login is successful and access is authorized by the Client

The process fails for multiple users:

1. Client redirects to Auth0
  2. Select Login with Google
  3. After logging in, the browser shows a blank screen, abbreviated network flow is as follows:

This last GET results in a 405 response from the Client. The behavior is similar for a LinkedIn Social Connection.

I have studied as much information as I can find on Auth0 but I have not been to make any progress.

I would be grateful if anyone can assist or has any suggestions,

Regards,
Wilson

Hey @wilson

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened and there has been no reply or further information provided from the community as to the existence of the issue we would like to check if you are still facing the described challenge?

We are more than happy to assist in any way! If the issue is still out there please let us know so we can create a new thread for better visibility, otherwise we’ll close this one in week’s time.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.