Any ideas for "certificate has expired"

When trying to login I get the following error:

{"name":"Error","message":"certificate has expired","code":"CERT_HAS_EXPIRED","fromSandbox":true}

Which seems similar to

But all the certs in the chain are not expired and are valid.
Even the cert listed for the application has not expired.

Also similar to

but we are not using a custom domain.

Any further ideas for investigation? Hmmm maybe something to do with Let's Encrypt's root certificate has expired, and it might break your devices | TechCrunch

Resolution: in the settings for custom scripts in auth0, updated to available latest node (12) which presumably has the updated lets-encrypt-root cert

1 Like

Hi @cody_hawkenio,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

It looks like you were able to find a resolution on this. You are correct, it can be related to using Node 8 in auth0 extensibility features like Rules , and updating to 12 can help to resolve the issue.

Thanks for posting your solution!

This is not possible… Your guide mentioned that your support of Node 8 is until February of 2022.

With this unexpected CERT_HAS_EXPIRED issue, we have to upgrade in advance saying – NOW!! :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

Hi @chess,

I thank you for your patience as we work through this.

I noticed you are also working with our support team on this issue and will let them help you through a resolution. Let us know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.